Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Joseph, one of my favorites...

I truly enjoy reading about Joseph, and I have to say that all the genealogy leading up to Chapter 32 was well worth it. It has given me a new appreciation for the heritage of Joseph, and I never made the connection that Joseph was one of Jacob's (Israel's) youngest sons.

I've learned a lot the last 30 something chapters, in some ways more so about myself than just the story that unfolds. I think this is what God intends...that He would reveal more of himself to us through study and reflection. I still have lots of questions as to why this and why that, but it's part of the refining process. I wonder why it was that Abraham would have to lie about Sarah being his sister instead of the truth, that she was his wife. Affliction would come upon not only the offender, but the family or entire clan of the offender as well. There is a profound effect on others when we sin, sometimes it goes deeper than we ever thought. All that said, I know God is a just God, and each time there was a way to repent and move beyond their sin.

I'm reading in chapter 41 today and watching the story of Joseph unfold, and he is interpreting dreams. Dreams can be a way for God to speak to us, so has He spoken to you this way? I'm sure God has tried to get through to me this way, but I'm not very good at interpreting or listening sometimes. Moreover, I look at Joseph and see his patience and humility throughout all the turmoil he went through at such a young age. Yet, God was continually with Joseph...and I wonder if Joseph ever had a doubt that God found favor with him and protected him the whole time. I'm enjoying picking up some of the finer details of the story this time around, paying attention to the interactions that Joseph has with each individual he meets...Potiphar, the baker, & the cupbearer...even the prison guards. I'm such a relational person, that this is all intriguing to me.

Thanks for all your prayers and support, I've been a little overwhelmed with all I am reading, but I am definitely on schedule to finish for Easter. Please continue to pray with me for more of God in my life as I am in His Word. Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment