Thursday, February 18, 2010

Let's start from the very beginning...a very good place to start....

Yep, you guessed it...beginning with Genesis. I figured I could get a jump on things as far as reading goes and even my reflections or commentary. I will however have one last go around with my beloved FB Games tomorrow, and then it's out until at least after Easter!

Creation in and of itself is an amazing thing, and it's crazy to think of the variety of things that God made over the course of 7 days (yes, I count resting as an amazing concept/thing). Of course, each day ends with God being wholly satisfied with His creation, "God saw that it was good." As I look at each day I realize that these are all the things that I so love and enjoy, what we would see as little things, like the sky, sun, the ocean, the animals, the fruit/veggies. I'd have to say that my favorite would have to be the stars that shine in the night, they are their own separate light meant to compliment the moon, yet still not outshine the sun. I pray that these "simple" things would bring me peace, hope, encouragement when I'm not feeling ummm...optimistic...well just not feeling it. On a side note, I realize that feelings do not mean He's not there, just that I have to work harder and remembering He's already saved me and loves me as I am. Confession and repentance is play a part in my refining and readiness for His Kingdom.

The other thing I noticed as I was reading through Genesis 1 was the use of the word "expanse." It puts into the perspective for me the vastness and deepness of God's creation, this is NO small potato....not in the least. The word expanse is used in all the early days of creation as God is creating sky, land, and seas. Later he would create plants, trees, animals, birds, & sea creatures which He commands to "increase" in order to fill these expanses. I cannot even fathom the foresight God had in the varieties of everything to fill them all, because of course there wasn't just one kind of plant/tree/livestock/bird/sea creature, there were several and they were all separated according to their kind. Creation is AMAZING...you can say that again!

Recap of the Creation Week:
Day 1 - Day & Night
Day 2 - Separation of Waters, Water & Sky (per the ESV, the more literal translation is Heaven)
Day 3 - Land & Sea, Land will produce vegetation: Plants & Trees (both seed bearing)
Day 4 - Lights in the Sky to separate Day & Night, Stars *my favorite*, the lights will mark the seasons, days, & years
Day 5 - Creatures of the water & birds, rec'd the blessing to increase to fill the waters, and the sky
Day 6 - Livestock of the land (creatures that move along the ground & wild animals) & man created in the image of God. God also gives man the authority to rule over all the animals of land, sea, & air. God also makes sure that man is provided for physically, with fruits, vegetables, & meat from the land/sea creatures.
Day 7 - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment